Thinking of a vacation that covers it all, why not think the Island paradise Sri Lanka. The tiny mango-shaped island in the Indian ocean is jam-packed with adventure, culture and all-round good fun. Even if you are travelling solo, with family or friends, the people and their culture embraces you.
As an Asian nation, Sri Lankans too are quite friendly and open, the diverse cultural backgrounds with the influences of their colonizers.
From verdant hills, to cascading waterfalls, world famous high and low grown tea, blue sapphire gems, best Cinnamon the list is endless. The pineapples taste the sweetest and eating it with some salt sprinkled with chilly is heavenly.
We like our food on the spicy side, the street food legend Kottu, made with its own clanging beat or some hot buttered cuttlefish with onion rings to be washed down with a good old lion beer.
Transport is relatively cheap and safe if you are looking to be adventurous or you could let an expert like Golden Isle travels tailor make your tour and handle all your transport. Let us give you points to places off the beaten tracks, that will still give you the truly unique flavor of Sri Lanka.
Mix your thrills with some soul food, take a break and relax in some of the most tranquil Ayurveda retreats on the beach or in the jungles.
Here are a few points why we say make Sri Lanka a worthwhile travel option.
- Ella by train for that insta post
- Pidurangala mountain trek cos the climb is worthy.
- Zip lining in Ella mountain range to tick off the adrenalin rush.
- Flood plains national park to meet the Elephants without the crowds.
- City Walks in Galle Fort, where everything is just mesmerizing.
- Ride the waves in Mirrissa, as its just something you should try.
- Boat ride with the blue whales and Dolphins for the awesome experience it gives.
- Tea plucking at Liptons seat cos war cuppa it offers.
- Take a dip in bakers’ field water fall to bring out the dare devil in you.
- The tuk-tuk ride through a tea plantation cos why not?